56th Annual Naples Creek Rainbow Trout Derby April 1, 2017
Entry by Pre-Registration only
Sutton Company, 120 South Main St., Naples – during business hours
Derby Headquarters, Naples Fire Hall, Vine St., 3/31/16 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm
4/1/16 4:00 am to sunrise
• $8 Ages 16-64
• $5 under 16
• $5 65 and over
No cash prizes – trophies and merchandise only
Catch and Release Division (See rules for details)***
Must be registered to win
Enter fish at Derby Headquarters, Naples Fire Hall, Vine St., Naples
• Grand prize trophy for largest rainbow, Sponsored by Genesee Brewing Co.
• Gift basket for largest rainbow entered by a female angler, Sponsored by Aquasource Group
• Trophies for Man, Woman, Boy under 16, Girl under 16, 65 & over
• Trophies sponsored by Babe Ruth Baseball for residents of Naples Central School District for Boys ages 5-8, Girls ages 5-8, Boys ages 9-12 and Girls ages 9-12
• Jim Grove Memorial Award for largest MALE rainbow entered by angler with a Naples mailing address
• Merton Woodard Memorial Award for largest FEMALE rainbow entered by angler with a Naples mailing address
• Catch and Release Division: Trophies for LONGEST FISH overall, LONGEST FISH caught by a female angler and LONGEST FISH by an angler 12 or younger
All contestants entering a fish (conventionally or catch and release) will receive a bottle of wine (must be 21 or over) or grape juice PLUS receive a door prize donated by Naples area merchants
All Proceeds support the Naples Rotary Club's community service projects
2017 Naples Creek Rainbow Trout Derby 2nd Annual Catch and Release Division
In an effort to minimize mortality to the rainbow trout population, the Naples Creek Rainbow Trout Derby will institute a Catch and Release division to the April 1, 2017 derby.
Catch and Release prizes will be awarded for the following categories:
• Grand Prize for longest fish caught
• Longest fish caught by a female angler
• Longest fish caught by an angler age 12 or younger.
The rules of the Catch and Release division are as follows:
1. All NYS DEC fishing regulations shall apply.
2. The angler must be registered in the derby. Registration ends at sunrise on April 1.
3. The derby ends at 5:00 PM on April 1.
4. Fish must be legally caught in Naples Creek or its tributaries.
5. Only rainbow trout are eligible to be entered in the derby.
6. Each fish may only be entered once.
7. The angler who caught the fish must take a picture of the fish alongside a standard measuring device such as a tape measure or yard stick. The length of the fish must be clearly visible in the photograph.
8. Photographs are to be taken on a digital camera or camera phone. Digital images that fail to clearly show the length of the fish with the measuring device will be disallowed.
9. The angler who caught the fish must also have a picture of them holding the fish with the angler's face clearly visible. This photo does not need to have the measuring device shown.
10. The fish is to be immediately released in a manner that will not harm the fish.
11. The angler is report their “Catch and Release” entry to the derby chairman, Bill Grove, at 585- 797-3989 immediately after releasing the fish. The purpose of this is to keep a current list of the leaders of each category.
12. The angler must provide digital images of the catch to the derby staff at the derby headquarters (Naples Fire House) in order to be given a bottle of wine or juice, be eligible for a door prize, and be considered for the “Catch and Release” award categories. Digital images may be sent via text message to the derby chairman at the number above.
13. An angler may enter multiple “Catch and Release” fish provided that they have released previously caught fish. Only one bottle of wine or juice, door prize, and “Catch and Release” award will be awarded per angler.
14. A fish may not be entered for both “Catch and Release” and standard categories.
15. In the event of a tie for longest fish, the first fish entered will be declared the winner.
16. The derby committee may amend the rules at any time. All decisions by the derby committee are final.
17. The derby committee may disqualify any person or persons who falsify information, violate the derby rules, or act in an unsportsmanlike manner.